Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"People are reminded of 'sister' songs, variations on a theme, or poems used on similar occasions. Alternatively, some poems may call up specific situations in which they were last heard... By drawing images and experiences from the shared world of a small, culturally homogeneous community, poems gain meaning."  -ibid


Cling to habit. A diaphanous nook, sunlight that contains poison. What do you know? Far away, out of sight, dying. This car still runs okay. I am paid. I can allow a room of music to surround. Past angry days shrink, clouds of acid rain; i put down words that do not cry out, much.


"When I contemplate the natural dignity of man; when I feel (for nature has not been kind enough to me to blunt my feelings) for the honor and happiness of its character, I become irritated at the attempt to govern mankind by force and fraud, as if they were all knaves and fools, and can scarcely avoid feeling disgust for those who are thus imposed upon." --Thomas Paine


No comments: