Thursday, January 11, 2007

alas
(via fr**th*fiv* dot org)


"We might as well start dating the new era from Quetzalcoatl's 2012 now, since that's what they're going to do anyway once they've forgotten what it meant for real." --Parsifal Mosaic, Com* Glut th* Str**ts with Spill*d Bodily Fluids (2006)


"Between official order and unofficial disorder, the responses were multiple, giving the Spanish Golden Century its sense of urgency and perhaps even its beauty." --Carlos Fu*nt*s, Th* Buri*d Mirror (1992)


Wikinomics.


   "pigeon passenger

Excess of Mercy did not make this world;
in strangest strangeness. Yet also, a password
into. If only all! we thrive
like weeds in a wall. We pray
to Father Christmas while breaking on the wheel.
Do you think I don't know that?
I have so many lies at hand.
I choose at times to be harsh for truth, though.
For honor. (That despised word.)
Honor is a harder thing than love,
so I spare everyone but those I truly love...
And not a day passes that I don't despair
in this labyrinth of knives where I'm still too nesh.
And that is how I know I don't belong!"

--Ald*rman Whinny, Th* Sun Som*tim*s Ris*s (1911)


198 M*thods of Nonviol*nt Action. (via fring* matt*rs)


"The world's most watched TV programme is apparently the Hindi version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, with about 250 million people watching it live every week."


Lycr*ls. (196 = 89 + 107.)


No comments: