Wednesday, September 06, 2023

( via / via )

Ring around the collar🫧.

"I hope you're keeping
some kind of record..."

--Cohen

Crossing my fingers for Moonlight Shadow! 🖤.

"Quiet

Since I took quiet to my breast
My heart lies in me, heavier
Than stone sunk fast in sluggish sand,
That the sea's self may never stir,
When she sweeps hungrily to land,
Since I took quiet to my breast.

Strange quiet, when I made thee guest,
My heart had countless strings to fret
Under a least wind's fingering.
How could I know I would forget
To catch breath at a gull's curved wing,
Strange quiet, when I made thee guest?

Thou, quiet, hast no gift of rest.
The pain that at thy healing fled
More dear was to my heart than pride.
Now for its loss my heart is dead,
And I keep horrid watch beside.
Thou, quiet, hast no gift of rest."

--Léonie Adams

"...post-Brexit UK depicted as having become something like North Korea..."

No comments: