Monday, September 11, 2023

( via / via )

Strand.

"It is nice of you to miss me so much, when I wronged you under your own roof. But it was not my fault that I had no roof of my own, and had to do things under yours. And roofs seem to give rise to situations. Whenever anything happens, there is mention of them." --@icomptonburnett

Make sure you know whose skulls you're nesting on.

thirsty the earth, dark the after-rain;
only a third of the Yemen coffee to blend
with generic espresso; into the smell of hot dust
i go, with little light, to the other fridge.
a tentative new routine at 4 AM
i can hardly taste this second-hand bread
somehow the book i admired has lesser heft
& i want to absorb small features of the night
or in my mind instead. the hour yields
to further things required by the hour's place
how contemplation binds two times together
melts, with the gathering roar, in the after-rain
a glint of purple as i lift my glasses

"Why is it that destroying things is an activity to share with someone you love, while repairing things is done alone."

No comments: