Tuesday, February 20, 2024

( via / via )

"Their streets and roads spiral from town center axes into surrounding hills worn to the gumline by eons of wind, connecting to nothing, vanishing like the ends of hemorrhaged veins into the vast empty."

"But Fortune, the Mistrisse of change, with a pittying compassion respecting Maister Stanihursts praise, would that Phaer should fall that hee might rise, whose heroicall poetry, infired, I should say inspired, with an hexameter furie, recalled to life what euer hissed Barbarisme hath been buried this C. yeere; and reuiued by his ragged quill such carterly varietie as no hodge plowman in a country but would haue held as the extremitie of clownerie..." --Thoman Nashe, Preface to Menaphon

The Scream reimagined by a LLM.

"Everybody’s Autobiography

I find myself most alone
When I believe I am striving for glory.

These times, cool and sharp,
A monument of moon-white stone

lodges in place near my heart.
In a dream, my children

Glisten inside raindrops, or teardrops.
Like strangers, like seeds of children.

I will only be allowed to claim them
if I consent to love everyone’s children.

If I consent to love everyone’s children,
Only then will I be allowed to claim them,

My strangers, my seeds of children,
Glistening inside raindrops or teardrops

In my dream. Children
Lodged in place near my heart—

A monument of moon-white stone,
Cool and sharp.

I believe I am striving for glory
When I find myself most alone."

--Tracy K Smith

Simpsons Recognitions.

No comments: