Thursday, July 25, 2024

( via / via )

"That’s what war failed to achieve..." (via @zeeshanjaanam)

You will say, those days we kept on getting killed
by hunger, bombs, sniper-fire & flames;
while others were concerned & angry, limbs
blown off children counted the ways peace failed.

You will be right. Beyond, in the chattersphere
great heart & small resolve vied for the stage
that was only, after all, its own mild siege.
You will say you died because we didn't care.

I have no words in answer, more to accuse
the long & blatant building of a cage
that i myself paid taxes for. Your refuge
shrinks like the yet-untrodden part of the maze.

You will say, in that distant ever-after,
forgiveness may be then: from other eyes.

"If you told me she had a lost novel about paperweights, I would believe you."

I just wish we could run things without resorting to gameliness. It's kind of like those 18c rakes who were so addicted to gambling they'd bet on literally anything. What does that have to do with choosing a leader? We've already inserted Advertizing into every transaction, & pretty much Surveillance too. I would like to just put Competition into its own place, like the Olympics, for the people who crave the emotions of that; & remove it from everything else...but i'm dreaming.

"Five years ago I started putting Fernando Pessoa's poetry into Scots."

No comments: