Friday, August 09, 2024

( via / via )

Phasing hypercube.

redbrick middling gray · cool noon
   Nagasaki ninepin
in the rearview · round craters
   ahead only fathoms
of smeared smoke · & further crumble
   macrame speaker cradles
to speak sparsely · i aspire while drivelling
   my car seldom cools
building a book · like a ship in a bottle
   sour glares reap
in this dark looth · left alone enough
   think of the dead again
not safely names · in a sorted list
   but those i would address
& gain counsel from · like the cold
   black cup of night
in front of me plain · to finish & go

"The Last Thing I Saw Before My Eyeballs Were Incinerated, #2."

"I know such a lot of things. Things that are said and not thought, and things that are thought and not said. And there are so many of both. I should never have known, if I had stayed at home, or never have known that I knew. That is another thing you learn, to know what you know." --@icomptonburnett

Fate goes ever as it must.

No comments: