Thursday, August 03, 2023

( via facebook memories via / via )

Happy guy driving car, fire outside.

   "[my father explains why they left me behind when defecting]

after Hoa Nyugen's 'Unrelated Future Tense'

You are the same to me.
The baby in the photo you were, dark
curls we kissed before fleeing.
Your mom was pregnant with
the one she birthed in America.
Your eyes didn't match.
One was yellower.
And no leaves on the lindens then
we didn't know if we'd see you again.
We didn't know if we'd see you again
and know leaves on the lindens then.
One was yellower.
Your eyes didn't match
the one she birthed in America.
Your mom was pregnant with
curls we kissed before fleeing.
The baby in the photo you were, dark
you are. The same to me."

--Alina Stefanescu (via)

Where can I get that stripey cardi?

"God, another day in absurdistan, Marcie says. I’m so tired of raising myself from the dead each morning.
It’s hardly the morning, I say.
I’m sick of the daily resurrection, Marcie says. I hate adding futility to futility.
Maybe this is it, Valentine says. We’ve been falling up to now, and we’ve reached the bottom. There’s nowhere further to fall.
No – we’re still falling, I say. We just don’t notice it anymore." --@UtterlySpurious

Refuge in the Video Barn.

No comments: