Sunday, August 13, 2023

( via / via )

"From Hair to Eternity: An Onomastic Tour of American Beauty Parlors and Barber Shops."

"A MERMAID (Palindrome-Haiku)

Nurse! So, hydrated,
a mermaid I am remade.
Tardy hoses run…."

--@Anthony_Etherin

Centinelas del Silencio. ☆☆☆

"I was thereupon lapped in trances the most halcyon and happy; the roaring rolled for me into such oratorios as my mouth may not pronounce, though I appeared, so to speak, to see, more than to hear, that music; and in the mean time mine eyes, fast closed, had afore them a universe of hues in slow movement and communion, hues glowing, and hues ghostly and gnomelike, some of them new hues to me, so that I knew not at all how to call them, with cataracts of pomegranate grains pattering, waves of parrot green, wheels of raspberry reeling, dapplings of apple and pansy, pallid eyeballs of bile and daffodil, pellucid tulips, brooks of rubies, auroras, roses, all awork in a world earnester than Earth, that it were empty to attempt to tell of." --M P Shiel, XĂ©lucha

"Drinkwater believes that ‘space’ is actually a vast, possibly infinite series of concentric spheres, with the corollary that each sphere, as we go inwards towards the centre, is actually and counter-intuitively larger than the one before. ."

No comments: