Tuesday, October 17, 2023

( via / via )

Swirling.

"So much of this website is just people bringing a mentally ill person to your attention like a cat bringing you a dying lizard in its mouth. what do you want me to do with this homie. it’s going in the garbage and I feel a little bad for it. you did get him though, that’s true" --@anomicca (via @mckenziewark)

West Kennet.

"the Desperado (de Nerval)"

I am the bereaved, the widower, the shadowy,
the Cathar prince of the devastated citadel:
My guiding star is snuffed, my galactic lute
carries Melancholy's sable pentacle.

You who consoled me in the dark of the sepulcher,
give me back Posilipo & the Mediterranean,
the fragrance that enchanted my sere despair,
& that arbor where the rose & grape are intimate.

am I Cupid or Apollo?....Poe or Byron?
the kiss of some dread queen still becrimsons my brow;
I have dreamed in the grotto where the siren plashes...
& twice have I crossed Acheron victorious:

practicing in turn on the lyre of Orpheus
moans of a mystic, sobs of a dying elf.

4 26 87

Pop Corn.

No comments: