Tuesday, October 24, 2023

( via / via )

"One of the first people to visit the new maze was the Indiana poet Marguerite Young, a descendent of Brigham Young, the Mormon leader."

"(but then almost the whole of the first edition of Wallace Stevens's Harmonium was remaindered. I bought two hundred copies at 18 ¢ a copy and gave all except one away)." --Kenneth Rexroth

"Even if you were to write works that were clearly written in the tradition of a high modernist novel today, you would be writing them into a reception context which the original work was not written into. It will therefore be received very, very differently, and the aesthetic effect would not be the same."

"FAMINE MOON

No omen, I’m a foetal stone.
I die, null, at a fate lit far —
die raw, one loss, Selene resewn
on woe. We lord a memo-star,
afar, at some mad role we own.
On, we, serene, less sole now are.
I draft. I let a fatal lune.
I die, not slate. O, famine moon!"

--@Anthony_Etherin

Los laberintos de marfil que urden.

No comments: