Tuesday, October 17, 2023

( via / dead horse bay via atlas obscura )

Productivity.

"Hot Air

So soft my pleasure came
Upon a dream,
Iced fire and frosted flame

It was, too brief for blame.
Yet sharp to seem
So soft. My pleasure came

And went--that was its shame,
Not that, supreme,
Iced fire and frosted flame,

It bore the ancient name
Harsh hearts blaspheme.
So soft my pleasure, came

A wind and woke me tame
To that regime
Iced fire and frosted flame

Had burnt to a black frame
Before their steam.
So soft, my pleasure, came
Iced fire and frosted flame."

--Vassar Miller, 1963

The Air-Broken Library.

" 'Matter' is nothing in itself except an anomaly in space. People are just angles in that anomaly." --Harry Stephen Keeler

"V.C. Andrews had been dead for years and no one seemed to notice."

No comments: