Saturday, December 09, 2023

( via / via )

Geometric Animations / 231208.

"I walked to the edge of early morning,
found no ease there but empty faces,
found no friend there but fear and longing,
found no love there and left again.
The clock in the watchtower called out the hours,
the empty gutters gave no answer back.
Before me stretched streets without footsteps,
cities without names, and nothing beyond;
behind me my past like a pale queen shining,
waving farewell with her flaming hands.
How long must it last, this lesson in waiting,
this watching and wanting and walking on?
I walked to the edge of early morning,
found no love there and left again."

--John D Niles

I Try.

I want to see as many Vallejos as there are Englishings of Horace.

Non applicable status of the unrelenting divinator.

No comments: