Friday, March 15, 2024

( via / me )

"in my experience the way artists are actually influenced and where things like style come from are rarely accessible to people who come after."

"It's too expensive to throw a laptop or e-reader across the room & that's eliminated one of the small harmless joys of reading" --@mjohnharrison

We’re all ghosts in the making...

"POSTSCRIPT

Though now but marble are the marble urns,
Though fountains droop in waning light and pain
Glitters on the edges of wet ferns,
I should not dare to let you in again.

Mine is a world foregone though not yet ended,--
An imagined garden grey with sundered boughs
And broken branches, wistful and unmended,
And mist that is more constant than your vows."

--Hart Crane

My life is in turmoil right now, but these things I know.

No comments: