Wednesday, May 15, 2024

( via / via )

Four Short Films by Vince Collins.

"Give a man a fish and he'll probably cook it in the break room microwave." --@the_etrain@beige.party

Borderland.

"Running the Planet Trail

2.8 billion miles still to go. Something
is slipping. Something pulls.

Under the dual carriageway I witness parallels:
my concrete hamstrings, its tattooed struts.

O east-west artery, shade me; I can’t take the heat.

I should’ve stopped at Mars with its anklet of beer cans and vapes.
I should’ve backtracked to Venus.

Yesterday in the cathedral I saw tourists with headphones
crawling all over St Frideswide’s shrine

while on the north wall a map of Ukraine
beaconed its colours to anyone capable of feeling.

The prayer cards on the wrought-iron tree said ‘My niece’ and ‘My godson’
and ‘exam stress’ and ‘a hole in his heart’. The sun sloped in.

Light a candle while the soldiers bank and dive.
Light a hundred candles while they cover their ears.

Names, names, names. Knees, knees, knees.
How big and alive we are! And then.

Reprogram the audio-guides. Pray to your god for a well,
a cooling rain. Should I go on?

In the lee of a fisherman, two young rabbits shiny with dew.
A collared dove some way past Jupiter."

--Rebecca Watts in Bad Lilies 18

The Piecemeal Bard is Deconstructed.

No comments: