Thursday, May 16, 2024

( via prentiss riddle on fb / via )

"I hope to try an experiment with Enochian."

"IO (Only two vowels, alternating)

Long I trod, dislodging rocks,
blind on Io’s wilds….

Now I hold
this cosmic god,
this fossil of iron;
this lost lion
with torn wings:

Now,
I hold
Io’s sphinx."

--@Anthony_Etherin

The joys of Ligeti and Hannigan.

"As a poet, I hold the most archaic values on Earth. They go back to the upper Paleolithic: the fertility of the soil, the magic of animals, the power-vision in solitude, the terrifying initiation and rebirth, the love and ecstasy of the dance, the common work of the tribe. I try to hold both history and wilderness in mind, that my poems may approach the true measure of things and stand against the unbalance and ignorance of our times." ~ Gary Snyder via Amy Martin on Fb

Von DUNE und Game of Thrones lernen – wie man Sprachen erfindet.

No comments: