Saturday, June 22, 2024

( via / via via Mefi )

"This scenario sounds absurd to most people, yet there are a surprising number of technologists who think it illustrates a real danger. Why? Perhaps it’s because they’re already accustomed to entities that operate this way: Silicon Valley tech companies." (via Mefi)

"The Old English for ‘to slay a dragon’ was 饾槬饾槼饾槩饾槫饾槩饾槸 饾槩饾槫饾樃饾槮饾槶饾槶饾槩饾槸—which, if it survived to today, would be ‘to quell (a) drake’." --@wylfcen

Bus stop.

"Song of the Horseman

C贸rdoba.
Remote and lonely.

Jet-black mare and full round moon,
With olives in my saddle bags.
Although I know the road so well
I shall not get to C贸rdoba.

Across the plain, across the wind,
Jet-black mare and full red moon,
Death is gazing down upon me,
Down from the towers of C贸rdoba.

Ay! The road so dark and long.
ay! My mare so tired yet brave.
Death is waiting for me there
Before I get to C贸rdoba.

C贸rdoba.
Remote and lonely."

--Garcia Lorca (tr Roy Campbell) [Lojban translation]

Last light on the broken shore.

No comments: