Friday, August 23, 2024

( via / via )

Hi-Fi Zither.

"If I had a 'familiar' it would resemble less a nervous exotic animal than a chipped enamel sink. You would not find it on my shoulder but in its natural environment at the bottom of a derelict canal in the industrial Midlands. Our connection would be the source of my special powers, which would neither mimic nor metaphorise its qualities but be unmistakably sink-related. I would feel no emotion towards it even when events caused us to be separated and tortured. A sink can feel nothing. That is one of the baseline or default qualities of a sink. But wherever I went, I would know that out there, bedded in the mud beneath the slow black water, never more than a mile or two from my present location, its energies focussed, site-specific and calm, there my sink would be" --M John Harrison, Wish I Was Here (2023)

"Besides revealing the first glider, the R revealed how to make the first gun, but this was ignored at the time."

1.
thought-lethargic · in the threat landscape
fizz furnace · i affirm numbly
each mazeturn moment · a mere flourish
in Indra's plaintext · microplastics

the truth teller · at knifepoint
recants

2.
crag zenith
cool · watcher of elves
a cawing
from behind
the mystery of the starter
dusty car windows

3.
pinkgold wires cross black
soundless click of micro-steps
don't know buttoning

"O rigorous mathematics..."

No comments: