Sunday, June 28, 2026

( via / taneraic into blissymbolics via brendan )

Putin's Ashes. (via)

a low broken place in the concrete
black dirt accumulates
in a sort of shape

a sort of story
classical when i turn the car on

"The bulb, in Tanizaki’s argument, was not the villain. The villain was the assumption that 'what is seen is what is real'."

It’s interesting to me how scifi doesn’t much talk about Tiptree anymore. She’s a double scandal & reveals too much about scifidom in her success & her failure. Malzberg probably did it best. He had an unmatched feel for all the people that being a professional writer destroyed.

"Despair is paralysis, it robs us of agency. It blinds us to our own power and the power of the Earth… I choose joy over despair, not because I have my head in the sand, but because joy is what the Earth gives me daily, and I must return the gift."

No comments: