Wednesday, September 23, 2026

( via / via )

"To part from someone for good is to divide sleeves, tamoto o wakatsu 袂を分かつ. To be unable to help: nai sode wa furenu, you cannot wave a sleeve you do not have."

"critique of my generalship"

autumn that burns · in the old recordings
bold remedies · when there was something to burn
faint echoes · follow my footsteps
in the halls · of the hardly meaningful

Nardo Gray poignant.

"Standing next to my desk is an attractive woman of about fifty in a raincoat. 'Where are you from'" I ask in my library whisper.

'Malibu,' she says. Her name is Sally, and she writes mystery novels. Is she here just for this event? 'Yes. I've thought about it for thirty-five years. And I just felt I should be here to see if he shows up.' "

—[Raymond] Teller via

Dormant lawns in burnished light.

No comments: