Tuesday, September 22, 2026

( me / via )

"But although we remember Lear as the genial, tubby, dome-headed, myopic figure with a beard and spectacles who wrote some of the best-loved poetry in English, he made his living as a landscape artist."

"THE FAILED CARTOGRAPHER (Palindrome)

Demand a hill, at solid nadir….

Damn it!
One morn,
I saw I was in Rome,
not in Madrid,
and I lost all I had named...."

—Anthony Etherin

Electrical clown with cables.

"When Theo died, he left behind his wife Jo, an infant son named Vincent Willem and hundreds of canvases the art world mostly despised.

Jo was left with barely any money and a rented apartment full of paintings and an infant to support." —Jo Piazza via via Mefi

"At the beginning, back in the 1890s, the folks who undertook this herculean task thought they might finish their multivolume lexicon in two decades. They were off by more than a century."

No comments: