Sunday, June 15, 2003

   ”THE GIRL OF THE SEA

In the black pupils of Zông-og
Float the sorrows of the sea dyed by the chandelier.

She thinks of the night streets of Sidney.
She recollects the leased grounds of foreigner’s in Shanghai.

Putting on a Bohemian hat
I visit the night-streets where Zông-og was produced.

The inheritance of the dark blue sea.
The girl who can not keep her home in one place.

The old sickness of Zông-og
Is not recovered because of her distant heart’s core.

From her skin
One smells the strait.
I wish to live always in the primitive strait.

And putting on a Bohemian hat,
I visit the night street where Zông-og was produced.”

--Byông-hwa Zo

“The destination of my silence I know not.” --Cza-yong Gim

“...And crown with weeds our pride of towers,
    And warm our marble through with sun,
And break our pavements through with flowers...”
      --Alice Meynell

No comments: