Sunday, June 22, 2003

   ”Spontaneous Remission”

A small foreign car exploded. The next day the problems began.
The earth stood quite still under my feet. And in my head the
revolution began in earnest. I got up to watch the sun rise, but I
had to end up spinning the ship. Will I stop? No. Will it be painful?
Yes. What should I want instead. You tell me nothing. The same
old jokes. The back of my head is the front of my head. Have you
no ambiition? Expires on birth date. How many minds have you
lost? 2 crutches embrace. Why so much protection? You see how
you’ve been brainwashed. This is not a planet. & the universe is a
most infinite place/ that you won’t, you can’t possibly span. The
accident was a godsend. I never did care for you anyway it was only
a symbol it was always myself that I loved. The walls are still holding.
There’s vomit all over the walls. Leaving it to you to prove & refine it.
The dancers whirl, blur before my eyes, fade quite out. Who ever
reads the Leader’s book to its end?

--from Mysteries from Forgotten Worlds (1984)

No comments: