Thursday, July 31, 2003

It has occurred to me that, though by historical
machinations i am on the side of the outlaw (of every
sort), what i really am suited for is to be a responsible
member of a rational government. This thought does
not please me. but in that alternate universe where i
would be permitted a place, no doubt all the prestige
would have shifted to the other side.

"I was cruising, willy-nilly, following a feather in the
sky, and I happened across your blog in which you
mentioned "It's a Beautiful Day". So I thought I'd write
to say Hal Wagenet, one of the original members of
IABD, is a dear friend and just won himself a seat on
the Board of Supervisors of Mendocino County.
Be well,

Lanny [Cotler]"

The moment knows everything but the most important
thing--what happens to moments.

"One of your cold jellyfish poets that find themselves
cast up by some wave upon a sandy subject and so
wrinkle themselves about a pebble of a theme and let
us see it through their substance--as if that were a
great feat." --Sidney Lanier, "Poem Outlines"

No comments: