Friday, September 26, 2003

As long as minimum wage jobs exist, the
Blues will not lack for a rationale.
Grunge is Blues for teenagers who work
at starbucks & feel exploited, but do
ten hours at a warehouse job & tell me
"Black Hole Sun" answers to your condition.

   "Aubade: Tan Sierra"

Megachurch the free gift,
Tutelary minimum wage.
Speed-trap cops with radar guns
Stop my breath in the cool gray
Morning drive.

Sky of but haggard revelations,
Brakes on the fritz, even to scribe
A momentary plaint takes
Way too much of my Wolf Age watch.

Bollywood song, a jewel flung
Out into the cratered streets
Salves the day of Niagara bailing,
Lets me (for a moment) not lose.

09 26 03

My ideal of a healthy audience-artist
relationship in the present epoch would
have to be that of Bob Marley & the
Rastas
. Though it may be my fate, i
really don't want to be a "poet's poet".

Survival Research Laboratory's monster
machines: a Mystery Play for our times.

No comments: