Tuesday, October 21, 2003

"The Choke"

To styptic mulct torque
The rustle of the cryptic
Pungent ballasted synthespian wheedle
For Spetznaz then. What ominous woe
I welcomed

Puree & round about it
Mouldering rubbish lay the misbelieving
Multitudes perform grow??. HMO
For torture doctors
Decaf land

Chrome squirm Scully Did?

10 20 03

My book "Fungoids" is part of a three-pronged
effort i made a couple years back to get my
publishing thing going; i went through all my old
poems, & selected a volume of Neoformalist
Verse, a volume of Language Poetry, & a volume
of Free Verse (having decided that no publisher
was ever going to touch a manuscript mixed
together the way i'd been doing it). This Pessoa-
like expedient, however, has not quite borne
fruit the way i intended so now, having pretty
much exhausted the outlets for the Neoformalist
book, i am trying it out with a print-on-demand
online publisher. (I still have hopes for the other
two.) --The title, of course, is the fictitious
second book of Max Beerbohm's invented poet
"Enoch Soames". I hope my poems included
therein do not disgrace his memory...

No comments: