Saturday, October 11, 2003

   "Conditional

Beckon some cragsman's paradise from the sky,
Heart-beat slows down, lungs halt their heave,
So to descry, conceive
How it was with me when that sport began:
Muscle and nerve wrought for me by the strain.
Fain as of old I feign that yet I can.

Pass by some image of the world's desire,
Eye beam narrows, glance sharpens to discern,
So to attire, adorn
Some visitant from when that hunt began
Whose hardihood now tells me what is vain.
Fain as of old why feign that yet I can?

Butterfly thought, sail gaily through the void,
Seeking your mate, belike--gale-borne astray,
To be destroyed, betray,
Ice-caught, the thoughts from which your life began:
Torn downy wings that will not sail again.
Fain as of old, I feign that yet I can."

--I A Richards

#4 Sign of the Apocalypse: the Governator.

#5 Sign of the Apocalypse: The Olson Twins on the
cover of Rolling Stone


Listening to: Electronic Concept Orchestra- Moog
Groove
(1969).

   "Poem Plame"

Wedge of windshield droplets pungent the
Wipers miss
Land without humanism
Spark-like 'mid unearthed
Slope-side figtree-roots, sprockets Mabuhay harl

Sly fen of smog Dracula
Exultant
Repose of spears. Bubba the Love Sponge
Big freaky cereal die boxes of death
Siliconpimp Hertz

Rain fen of gym loss,
Tenuous night spatula,
Nixie taunt

10 09 03


No comments: