Wednesday, December 31, 2003

'Far away from men, clad in blue silence, I work my spells' --Sologub

"The closer you come to the end, the more there is to say." --Paul Auster, In the Country of Last Things (1987)

Yes, it would be much wiser to put all this energy of self-questioning & conjecture into something artistic i think. Like what? Tinguely's self-destroying sculpture.

"Where things that own not man's dominion dwell" --Childe Harold

"Where dolphin-leaps like transitory doors
To palaces across the water form
Shining parabolas above canals." --Schnackenberg, The Lamplit Answer

Chumley's. A new poet says he lived in Warsaw for 2 years. Introduces one poem as being about the time he asked a Polish woman for a date, & they went to Auschwitz. I forgot the poem but i remembered the introduction.

Dream about Crowley. He was making a movie, & i got banned from the set because i told him it was 1993. I snuck around anyway.

   "Spell

Bring me a sea-wet stone, something broken
   of your own
--I want to make you a charm for death.
A charm I make you of my breath
   and sea-drone,
casting to mateless moan, things not spoken.

Time is the bone-white ache, all things cloven
   it will break
--I will leave you amulets for pain.
Round amber and round jade have lain
   in sea-rake,
light in the stone awake, liquor-woven." --Mog Decarnin

Finished Shampoo Planet this morning over coffee. --Snidefluffy.

No comments: