Friday, December 19, 2003

Feeding the blog.

Alfred the Mail Agent.

Free Cory Doctorow stories online.

Fadwa Tuqan dies:

   'A Life

My life is tears
And a fond heart
Longing, a book of poetry and a lute
My life, my totally sorrowful life
If its silhouette should vanish tomorrow,
an echo would remain on earth,
my voice repeating:
My life is tears
And a fond heart
Longing, a book of poetry and a lute.

On the sad nights
When silence endlessly deepens,
The phantoms of my loved ones pass
Before me like wisps of dreams,
Poking the fire alive beneath the ashes
And drenching my pillow with tears,
Tears of longing
For ones who have died
And lie, folded in the darkness of the grave.

Now I bow my head, desolate.
A lost horizon thunders inside.
Poems alone are my refuge.
In them I describe
My longings
Only then can this soul
Find calm.' --found here. More.

Sister Scorpion on Saddam's capture.

No comments: