Saturday, March 27, 2004

I seldom correct a disequilibrium (until it becomes dangerously extreme), even an unpleasant one, because at bottom i find all my changes fascinating; and so i keep getting distracted from the important business of healing and seeking wholeness. For my sense of wholeness, intuition, can make meaning from every distortion. I need the feedback of other people because i can not easily regard my own forms other than aesthetically. But [add] one other person, and my sense of feelings becomes activated...

People who don't care if they understand or not--people who don't care if their food nourishes or not. I ask: what are you doing that is more important than living?

I got to get more crazy or less angry, 'cause there sure is no use for a terrorist-artist.

Talkativeness has evolved into a substitute for apes' grooming. Without touching, silence between us feels pathological. Enforced, one pretends to be alone--and finally even our solitude is only a continuation of that pretending. I say: paying attention is my reverence. But that makes me no less prone to jabbering. Because my solitude has a leak--my skin, unsealed by hands, sieves my mind.

It's not a luxury to want to be independent of all other humans. It's a psychosis.

No comments: