Saturday, July 02, 2005

Two kinds of genr*.


    "A Newly Discovered Poem by Sappho

Girls, exquisite the gifts of the fragrant Muses:
snag them, and the clear melodious lyre;
weariness has settled in my marrow,
    whiteness in my hair.

Burdensome’s my will, and my trusty limbs
once so fain of the dance, have lost their candor.
Although I might complain like there’s any use--
    you know there isn’t.

They say Tithonus eloped with rose-armed Eos
out of crazy love, to the world’s far corner.
Fierce and toothsome then, but at last the sweeping
    frost came after him."

--3rnst A Kipling at 3ratosph*r*



"Einstein once gave private lectures to small groups in Prague.
    Some of which included Kafka." --David Markson, This Is Not A Nov*l (2001)

"...Vulca of Veii, the one Etruscan artist whose name is known to tradition..." --Sibyll* von Cl*s-R*d*n, Th* Buri*d P*opl* (1955)



95 Th*s*. (via wood s lot)


No comments: