Friday, March 24, 2006

alas
Soul Flow*r Union: 3l*ctro Asyl-Bop (via br*ast dot co dot jp)


"I daresay in times to come it will seem a freakish luxury to have had such elaborate selves.
   It was." --Rasolnikov


"Pound thought war was a crock because it never put at risk the true ringleaders. You could say the same for capitalism." --ibid


Th* Sioux com* through.


"I'm not abashed that my efforts have gone for nothing. That's what it means to be part of a struggle with non-imaginary stakes." --ibid


"We haven't evolved beyond the reach of revolution. We're just pathetically unworthy of one." --ibid


"Somehow I have failed to learn patience. Whenever I see the face of G------, I want to leap through the television and strangle him with my bare hands. Hell, he's not even a pumpkin-head: he's the grin some joker carved on the face of the pumpkin." --ibid


"We were laughing at a silly joke and suddenly she turned and asked coyly, “Are you Sanafir or Shanakil?” I stood there, puzzled. ‘Sanafir’ is the Arabic word for “Smurfs” and ‘Shanakil” is the Arabic word for “Snorks”. I didn’t understand why she was asking me if I was a Smurf or a Snork."


"So readily thieves; so unwillingly learners. Who says this terrible system wasn't, in its own way, highly successful?" --op cit


...atningas · stalk...


No comments: