Tuesday, April 25, 2006

alas
(via 3urographics dot ca)


Spiffy song. (via Robot Wisdom)


    "Job Misquoted

I know a mystery worth a few of those:
  clog stronger than the pipe.
And what after all is this thing of having hope
or losing it, as if hope were the only prize?
Is it for hope I've made the Maze my bourn;
hope, that I devise small hours to graithe?
Then once--its spreading rings,-- shall gravity smoothe
& not a molecule abide as cairn.

There must be reason in the mere parabola:
sometimes I say it's joy, sometimes beyond,
a building, where I cannot understand
except as limned by glyph & scribble-qabbalah.

Mystery, not that I bear nothing's burden--
but mystery ineffable: --claiming nothing's guerdon."

--Lydia Plaidy, Losing a Scr*w in th* T*mpl* (1922)


On my victrola- Lycia


No comments: