Sunday, July 16, 2006

alas
(via cbsn*ws dot com)

'HYMN TO THE THOUSAND-EYED GODDESS

Falling on my knees,
Pressing my hands together,
Thousand-Eyed Merciful Goddess,
I implore thee.

Yield me,
Who lacks,
One among your thousand eyes,
By your mystery restore me whole.

If you grant me one of your many eyes,
O the bounty, then, of your charity.'

--Hûimyông, in: Anthology of Kor*an Lit*ratur* From 3arly Tim*s to th* Nin*t**nth C*ntury, ed. P*t*r H. L** (1981)


"Only people immersed in typographic literacy, only people who have internalized the notion of language-as-thing, identity-as-discrete-object, would fall victim to the echo chamber and circular logical fallacies inherent in the Authorship Question."


krunk grisly · gullway
an · ikon

igniting frost limps · ask blog byssus
agaric bullion flows · flick twinkling calcspar

fylfot bask · inch wisdom skids
fossil · into disk


"I am wearied almost to death with the retrograde motions of things." --G*org* Washington (1776)


No comments: