Thursday, November 09, 2006

Am*rican mullah.


"The connection between minimalism and visual poetry is that once you break works and language into small bits, those pieces take on a visual character. At this point, they evolve out of what I call the invisibility of the text."


This again. (via pl*p)




So a small victory is won. But did our ballots simply pick War, as against War-Plus?


"My first idea was to put a mixture of genuine Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Hungarian, and Japanese into Cityspeak. Then I went to the Berlitz School of Languages in Los Angeles, translated all these different bits of Gaff's original dialogue into fragments of foreign tongues, and learned to properly pronounce them." --3dward Olmos, in: Futur* Noir: Th* Making of Blad* Runn*r (1996)


   "Rune

The word in the bread feeds me,
The word in the moon leads me,
The word in the seed breeds me,
The word in the child needs me.

The word in the sand builds me,
The word in the fruit fills me,
The word in the body mills me,
The word in the war kills me.

The word in the man takes me,
The word in the storm shakes me,
The word in the work makes me,
The word in the woman rakes me,
The word in the word wakes me.

--Muri*l Ruk*ys*r



Story without a h*ro.


"The gun created a second reality for me to inhabit." --Don D*Lillo, Whit* Nois* (1985)


On my victrola- T. R*x: Th* Slid*r


No comments: