Thursday, November 12, 2009








    "snejuhe"

Hedorah legwarmers
· addict root
growing fainter shade

slipknot fealty ogham
swizzle fails
from umbelliferous ferules art ashram

fault oddments
add wish ictus stirious
growing Fortran IV.



Goodnight Bush.


"After four critcally acclaimed novels for Roc, my new editor, John Morgan, let me know on the sly that my sales figures weren’t living up to potential..."


"If I could edit any anthology? Muslim stories in SF. There are already some good ones ("Written in the Blood" by Chris Lawson), but I think it would be a fun companion to Wandering Stars and such like." --Lyda Morehouse.


Gallery of orientalist art. (via Juan Cole) --Especially #13.


I love the desert.


"There’s no easy retreat from knowing that a lot of the people around you are willing to sanction torture and are indifferent about the guilt or innocence of those subjected to it."


The Relativistic Rocket. (via Sunclipse) --Takes me back. The summer after i graduated high school, i spent weeks working out the equations for this, because i couldn't find them in any book. It was a grinding, intense bit of calculus just beyond my technical grasp, but i learned enough to get it right.

Then i figured how long it would take to make a tour of the Big Dipper.


(via)

No comments: