Thursday, November 05, 2009







Unseen side of Mercury.


    "XXXII.

In a pitch dark alley
Where I stroll in darkness,
I raise my eyes and see a church,
Stiff-standing and remote.

Is there some mystery,
Some power or revelation?
Are you obliged, my knee, to genuflect?
I wonder what it is?

Night shimmers; a worm nibbles
At the tendrils of a vine.
Calling to Autumn, the vain and sullen
Cicada sings its song.

A pair is singing: intent on both,
I raise my eyes and see
That the church of my stroll
Has the form of an owl."

--José Martí, Major Poems (tr Philip S Foner, 1982)


"Blue racoons are weeping blood" --Li Ho (Li He)



P. A. O. Productions--photos and sound files from the Dallas art scene.



"Indeed, perhaps more than a maze of precepts about how to write, paint or compose, Symbolism was primarily a set of perspectives on reading and interpretation..." --Patrick McGuinness, intro to Symbolism, Decadence and the Fin de Siècle (2000)

No comments: