Tuesday, January 12, 2010







i'm in my car. I turn up the radio to hear it over the thundering of rain on my thin steel shell. The few colors seem brighter in this gray semi-gloom. The wipers grunt. I will not be home soon. Watching low waves crawl through the intersection, i think of my love.


   "Model 271"

Living
The death of music
A blue calm
Scorning bliss
To pound levying on
The creation of air
Your mad admiration
More disappointed than a breath


"A Finnish professor of literature, Jukka Ammondt, from the University of Jyväskylä ...once recorded two albums of Elvis Presley songs in Latin. His later release, you will be relieved to know, consists of songs of the 'King' in Sumerian. The first cut is "Blue Suede Shoes," which translates into Sumerian as "E-sir Kush-za-gin-ga" ('Sandals of Leather of the Color of a Blue Gem')." --Handbook to Life in Ancient Mesopotamia


Mercy.

No comments: