Sunday, August 06, 2023

( via / via )

Human Nature.

"SUMMER ACTION FEATURES

Can I kiss this cinema’s utter pittedness.
Moviescreen, you hype of hygiene, I love

to see a face lace its venom with mine.
When the hero has far too many minotaur scars,

the creases in my palms turn over and nap.
Archimedes revised: if I sink far enough

into the film, the law of displacement
should bring to the surface my truest self.

Then the blow-ups come on cue. The ingenue
glows like the sky: we both gnaw raw halo.

God knows I know each bomb is a mobile
v some sculptor has failed ineptly to keep aloft.

Even I am losing my innocent twitter balance,
though statistically I will die eating purse soup.”

–-Bill Knott

VRstellar.

“Another explanation of the deadening of our survival instinct is that the changes in living that would be required are so drastic that people prefer the future catastrophe to the sacrifice they would have to make now.” - Erich Fromm (via @libshipwreck)

They are coming, from the dark🐛✨🔥.

No comments: