Tuesday, October 10, 2023

( via / james koehnlinme on fb )

Four Ka'bas.

"Listen, my heart, as once the early saints
Alone knew how to listen, when the mighty
Summons upraised them from the earth; but they
Intractable, knelt on and heeded not
The call, so ardent was their hearkening."

--Sackville's Duineser Elegien I.

"To be fair, by conventional standards of horror filmmaking – even by conventional standards of narrative filmmaking in general – Exorcist II: The Heretic doesn’t exactly work, at least it doesn’t work if you’re the kind of person who thinks movies are only about acting and writing."

“The Quetzal”

We did not think we’d find so many years
In the same place passed & all of them passing fair.
Bookshelves filled to sagging, half-banked desire
With only now & then a spell of grief.
Our fiestaware is almost what it was.
I wish I could say the same of the ratty yard
That stretches to a curdled horizon dry
As fossilized regrets—three ducks I saw
A few nights back had landed in our pool.
I’d gone to turn the water on; they flew
Though I in the half-light tried to hide myself
Against the crumbling brick, & I felt lost
When they had gone, as though the only quetzal
Had deigned to visit here in our recursive loop.

"The term trobairitz, as Angelica Rieger (2003: 42) notes 'is not used by the women troubadours themselves'..."

No comments: