Friday, November 17, 2023

( via / via )

Grunge post-photography.

"It moves me to see,
Burning above the mooring poles,
Fireflies
For I could cry out loud
At this world of ours."

--Minamoto no Shunrai

MMA night at the kiddie pool.

"The sky is white. It smells of the earth, and it is not there. The sky is white like the earth, and it smells of yesterday. All this was tomorrow. All this was a hundred years from now."

--Paul Auster, The Invention of Solitude (via @ForTheTape)

"But the online reaction to the Hamas attack and ongoing Gaza conflict, on the right, sure, but particularly among the left, has been some gnarly, festering, dark shit and I feel like I went over to my neighbor’s house for a somber wake and found a bunch of ghouls partying it up and swinging from the chandeliers singing a bunch of disturbing meme-shanties and showing about as much empathy and humanity as that pile of screaming dollar store rubber geese."

No comments: