Wednesday, December 20, 2023

( via via @anatomynorbiton / by jung jihyun via mynervesarebadtonight via @mjohnharrison )

When physicists get bored.

"The mind suddenly entombed, then active in an anger and a rhapsody of energy, in scurrying and plunging towards exitus, such is the ultimate mode and factor of the creative integrity, its proton, incommunicable; but there, insistent, invisible rat, fidgeting behind the astral incoherence of the art surface."

—Samuel Beckett (Dream of Fair to middling Women) via timesflowstemmed

Breaking Up.

      "MIRAGE.

The hope I dreamed of was a dream,
   Was but a dream; and now I wake
Exceeding comfortless, and worn, and old,
   For a dream's sake.

I hang my harp upon a tree,
   A weeping willow in a lake;
I hang my silenced harp there, wrung and snapt
   For a dream's sake.

Lie still, lie still, my breaking heart;
   My silent heart, lie still and break:
Life, and the world, and mine own self, are changed
   For a dream's sake."

--Christina Rossetti

DPSY21 EDIT11💦.

No comments: