Saturday, January 20, 2024

( via / via )

"I used the money to run away from my husband, actually. I’m sure Somerset Maugham would have been very pleased."

“Poem Ending in a Line by Ludlum”

An acrid edge to that far-fabled smell
I bring to mind, a knell from far away.
C'est Bruges-la-Morte: city i never saw
I sing today.

Dowson & Lojban emerge then turn as one
Upon a purple plain, strange heptagon
Remembered in all the ways it brings to pass
Poems beyond my ken at the time i made them.

The indigo star is a stone i carried back,
An acrid edge to that far-fabled smell
A knell from years before. “The smoothly tarred
Surface of the road abruptly stopped.”

(via)

Bruges-la-Morte--the film.

"Some poets need to get into architecture cause US cities are all starting to look like the headquarters of a failed tech company" --@Harmony_Holiday

"The mask-making is credited–very surprisingly–to Winston Tong, an artist and musician best known for his association with Tuxedomoon."

No comments: