Tuesday, January 16, 2024

( via / me )

🌈🌈.

"Here be Monsters (palindrome)

No deep siren, I ram —
Art lunar, eveless even.
I ram busy swordfish-tail ogres,
old loser Goliaths if drowsy.

Submarine vessel,
ever an ultramariner,
I speed on."

--@SpoonerRhythms

Octa.

"Stretching out before me was a broken plain, fantastic and irregular a[s] the floor of a glacier; huge bluish white masses, piled and tumbled together in crazy disorder, were varied by smooth glistening spaces as flat as a table; twenty-foot mounds and hummocks stood up here and there, and long twisted furrows or cracks spread a spidery black network across the scene; while the prevailing hue, in the wintry gray light of the far, far glittering pint of a sun, was that eerie, spectral mixture of blue and white, reminding me of the cloud-filtered moonlight peeping down upon a lake of ice." --Stanton Coblentz, Into Plutonian Depths (1931)

"He is saying he does so because of his Stoic philosophy, although we may believe he is only able to take this perspective because he is emperor, rich, powerful and elevated."

No comments: