Saturday, February 24, 2024

( via / via )

"If Sylvia Plath edited an American Poetry supplement, which poems would she have included?

“The idea of the person enters poetics where art and reality, or intentionality and circumstance, meet.” --Lyn Heijinian

The Rejection of Closure.

"Cruelty

That weary old Fascist, my on-flowing heart,
longs to age in the sun far from women and weeping,
or to stroll numb with blondes through a city's last days,
wild with fury and joy, as the streets fill with dead.

So a bad stanza goes. The truth is much worse.
But who can say what it means to live cold to the bone?
I demur, and confirm all your worst fears about me.
A man of my type cannot feel anything.

Our love rages on. I return to myself.
But return stooped and wan from a winter of siege.
I am making this poem. It will kill many things.
What I struggle to say you will say aimed the guns."

--Joe Ahearn

Souriquois.

No comments: