Monday, March 25, 2024

( via / via )

"I was silent and nothing came of it."

"For the Dead

I dreamed I called you on the telephone
to say: Be kinder to yourself
but you were sick and would not answer

The waste of my love goes on this way
trying to save you from yourself

I have always wondered about the leftover
energy, water rushing down a hill
long after the rains have stopped

or the fire you want to go to bed from
but cannot leave, burning-down but not burnt-down
the red coals more extreme, more curious
in their flashing and dying
than you wish they were
sitting there long after midnight"

--Adrienne Rich

"In an attempt to make the learning process more interesting, I have been constructing poems that contain all the words on the weekly spelling list."

"Flanged arrows as flinder-
Fledges leapt from edges
Over shields, bows shrilling,
When shank-deep was dankness
Of gore. Then steel-geared they
Girded murder-hungry
Blades amid the bloody
Blend of that foe-spending."

--Rahul Gupta

"Sylvia Plath and Adrienne Rich hung out once at a party in Cambridge, MA. April 11th, 1958."

No comments: