Saturday, March 23, 2024

( via / via )

Dispatches from the Adderall Epidemic.

"THE STELAE
for Arnold Rich

Last night I met you in my sister's house
risen from the dead
showing me your collection

You are almost at the point of giving things away

It's the stelae on the walls I want
that I never saw before

You offer other objects
I have seen time and time again

I think you think you are giving me
something precious

The stelae are so unlike you
swart, indifferent, incised with signs
you have never deciphered

I never knew you had them
I wonder if you are giving them away"

--Adrienne Rich

The Fish Doorbell.

"ON SEEING WEATHER-BEATEN TREES

Is it as plainly in our living shown,
By slant and twist, which way the wind hath blown?"

By American poet, Adelaide Crapsey (September 9, 1878-October 8, 1914) via @heather_nanni

War story.

No comments: