Friday, March 22, 2024

( via / via )

Gathering Storm over Farm.

"big new feelings"

borne on Xibalba- · burnished skies
screamriddle scram · scrunched up
witness who'd wear · winter camo
in the spring spraintcrop · sprawling demonolatry
with shiny new smiles

"All thought that lasts is contradiction."

"In the year of my youth when yoyos came in
The carriage was sunny and the Clyde was bright
As I hastened from Helensburgh in the height of summer
Leaving for home in a lounge suit.
Sombre were the sixteen skies of Europe,
The stokers were seasick on the ship of state
For the decks were dipping though McDonald was steering.
...
I sat in my still corner while the country ran
Listening to the lulling low of the lines,
And a shadow-train flitted foreshortened through fields
Of the English counties one after another
Day wore on. I dozed and dreamed."

--W H Auden (qtd in Phelpstead)

Necessary Evil.

No comments: