Tuesday, April 02, 2024

( via / via )

Night 1.

"2016 was a sad year when April Fool's Day lost all meaning. since then, every day has been April Fool's Day with no resolution in sight." --@joycecaroloates

Not of this world.

“Canticle to the Sun”

Draw the floppy screen frame out
And glide two finger tips across
So what is lightly there will curl
Into substantial fluffy lump
But whether into regular trash
Perchance recycle who can say
It makes a scrape to put it back
And then i may proceed to dry
And while i do so, half my thought
Hovers around the seven dead
Who only sought to carry food
Into the present killing zone
And these were only in the way
Not even that but targeted
And there imagination fails
My clothes grow thinner every pass
Through this machine that all my life
I’ve used to make my wet clothes dry
Instead of hanging in the sun
Which might as well had not existed

R i t u a l.

No comments: