Thursday, April 11, 2024

( lanny quarles / via )

"He was the novel-equivalent of a good indie-label band, credible to those in the know, but no Nirvana."

"something interesting about video games is that you go into them understanding that there are difficulty levels. that mindset is valuable imo, and while i wouldn’t want that framework to be true for music, i wish more people embraced the notion of being challenged by art." --@misterminsoo

Fake it till you make it.

"Devil Comet"

The god under the tarp prattles
Is not a guide · on the tarn shore
Fiestaware back · each to its place
The frail microclime’s surge · clasp for an answer

At solstice alignment · the ray falls
The word goes out · as the meme spreads
Blue mold appears · on the whole wheat loaf
Shiny traceries left · on the pink brick

People burned alive · in their stalled cars
With the ornate moon · its own mock
Wastebasket lined · with our reused bags
I filled with extruded slime · and stacked tissues

I go back to sit · in the same place
As if fixed in time · a small pyramid
Do I think of myself · as trailing books
Every so often I drop · the abandoned cairn

And rain chances · locally heavy
I forecast drive · through those brick streets
It all burned down · a hundred years ago
Yet the ghost remains on maps · my own real tears

Fast moving pale clouds · with Venus peeking through
Color not a color · from which bombs fall
Elsewhere and otherwise · my taxes paid for
The subfusc veil occults · star and darker gray

Cyber cider-making.

No comments: